Ecotourism: Conserve the Environment, Respect the Local is a Youth Exchange project to submit to the European Union Education and Youth Programs Center Presidency (Turkish National Agency) by the 01 October 2020 deadline under Erasmus+ Programme. It is planned to hold on at Kıyıköy, Kırklareli, TURKEY.
Traveling around the world is a dream, a goal and a pleasure for many young people. To discover new cities and landscapes is actually a way to broaden horizons and learning new opportunities. Europe is the world’s number one tourist destination. Tourism contributes to the EU economy and strengthens the European identity but has an impact on environmental variables. A tourist consumes 3 or 4 times more water per day than a permanent resident, with non-tourist water use ranging between 100 and 200 liters per person per day across Europe and this is just a parameter.
How would tourism be more environmentally-sensitive and sustainable?
Ecotourism could be the solution, this traveling way is defined: “responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment sustains the well-being of the local people and involves interpretation and education”.
The physical, social, behavioral, and psychological impacts can be minimized and benefits for both local people and private industry can be generated.
Spread the culture of fair tourism has now become a duty and the “Tourismawakeness”.projects have the objective to do so.
Our main objectives:
- To reflect with young people on the theme of travel;
- To analyze the harmful for environments habits;
- To spread awareness about our impact on the environment;
- To learn what ecotourism is;
- To find creative solutions to be more respectful tourists.
We are looking for partners:
- 5 partners especially organizations that work in tourism and environmental issues. Municipalities are also welcome
- Agree with “No money from participant”
- Interested to develop a project together and shares tasks
How to apply?
Please fill the application form by clicking here.
Or email us for any details or partnership requests: firstname.lastname@example.org